An office suite is a collection of softwares, including word processor, spreadsheet and presentation.There are many free and commercial office suites available for different platforms.Here, I’am going to introduce popular cross platform office suites for you.
WPS Office is a powerful office suite for Windows, Linux,iOS and Android OS.It has an elegant UI similar to MS office which make it an easy learning for users from MS office.
- High compatibility with MSoffice formats
- Lots of templates available online
- Beautiful ribbon interface.
- Online backups
- Supports themes.
- Linux version lags behind windows version
- Poor community support
Libreoffice is a free and open source office suite for windows Linux and mac.It was derived from the open source office suite openoffice back in 2011.It is the default office suite of many linux distributions and is shipped within the operating system.
- Free and Open source
- Contains database,math and draw applications
- Many templates are available
- Community support
- Supports MS office formats.
- Old school UI.(Ribbon UI is under development)
- Stability problems.
- Compatibility problems with MS office formats.
- Lack of changes in recent versions.
Softmaker office was first released in 1994 and still it is one of the office suits available.It contains Textmaker ,Planmaker and Presentation software.
- Mostly compatible with MS office.
- Aged UI
- Needs Registration.
Collection of GNOME applications that are useful in an office environment.Contains
- AbiWord – Word processor
- Evince – Document viewer
- Gnumeric – Spreadsheet application.
- Inkscape – Vector Graphics and Presentation Creations
- Ease – Presentations Software
- Suitable for older systems.
- Lack of development
- Unable to compare with popular suites
Calligra Suite is a graphic art and office suite by K Desktop Environment.Unlike many other office suites,calligra contains Graphics,Office and Project management applications.
- Lots of applications available.
- Lack of development.
- Native packages are unavailable.
- Stability problems.
Onlyoffice is a cross platform office suite which is available online also. It has text document, spreadsheet and presentation editors.
- Beautiful tabbed UI.
- Ribbon like interface.
- Third party add-ons are available
- Poor compatibility with MSoffice formats.